Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Haute Route Trek!!!

I'm not sure how many people out there in bloggerland are following my posts... but I wanted to use this space to let you all know (even if it's just my mom) that Dave and I at International Alpine Guides (a division of California Alpine Guides) are offering a trekking version of the classic Haute Route this summer, July 10-18.

The Haute Route is a famous route done by backcountry skiers in the winter and spring. It traverses the French and Swiss Alps, traveling from Chamonix to Zermatt, and passing through some of the most spectacular mountainous terrain in the world. We hike through high peaks and passes, dropping down to sleep in Alpine huts and sometimes in little mountain villages, where we have fine French and Swiss meals, drink excellent wine, and explore the world of cheese. That's my favorite part.

I will be guiding the trip, as I am fluent in French and have lived in the French Alps. I am so excited about this trip that I wanted to write about it here, and ask you all to spread the word! If you or someone you know are looking for a grand and scenic adventure this summer, or just some stunning, life-changing mountain vistas, this is one to consider very seriously.

Check out our website for more info: http://www.californiaalpineguides.com/Haute_Route_Trek_.html

2 comments:

  1. And right now... I'm wishing I had lots of money and free time... That sounds AWESOME

    *sniff* SOMEDAY!

    ReplyDelete